Joining link parties is a great way to discover blogs and meet other like-minded bloggers. It’s also an amazing opportunity to spread the word about your blog posts and let other bloggers discover your blog.
It took me almost a year to understand what link parties are all about. To save you precious time and missed opportunities, I would like to share with you some do’s and don’ts to help guide you.
More importantly, I’ve listed below the best link parties where I link up to. The hosts of these link parties and the bloggers who join are engaged and active. They have built a community where each member supports each other. They are all very nice and welcoming!
Link Parties Do’s and Don’ts
If you’re new to link parties, here are some link parties do’s and don’ts to help you make the most out of participating in link parties.
- Do read the instructions of the link party.
- Do link directly to your blog post.
- Do edit the title of your blog post if needed when linking up. Some link ups only allow a limited number of characters for the title so if you don’t edit your title, it might not make sense in the link thumbnail.
- Do follow other links to discover and read other blog posts.
- Do comment on the blog posts that you read.
- Do connect with the link party hosts on social media.
- Do share the link party in your social network to spread the word.
- Don’t link up if your blog post is not related to the theme of the link party.
- Don’t link to your main blog.
- Don’t ignore the option to select, crop or realign an appropriate image for your link thumbnail.
- Don’t link up and run.
- Don’t forget to comment on the hosts’ links.
- Don’t miss any link parties by subscribing to the host’s blog.
- Don’t forget that link parties are only live during the days and times specified by the host.
Best Link Parties
These are the best link parties that I have discovered. I invite you to join and enjoy the parties!
- Mostly Blogging: Inspire Me Monday Linky Party
- Shelbee On The Edge: Spread the Kindness Link Up
- Deb’s Random Writings: The Keeping It Real Link Up
- Shank You Very Much: Global Blogging Link up and Dream Team Linky
- My Random Musings: Blogger Club UK Linky and Anything Goes Linky
- Random-osity: The Good. The Random. The Fun
- Twin Mummy and Daddy: That Friday Linky
- Hooks and Dragons: Mix It Up Linky
- Lucy at Home: Blog Crush
- Reflections from me: A Blogging Good Time Link Up
- Not Dressed as Lamb: Share All Link Up
- Esme Salon: Senior Salon